Friday, August 7, 2020

Brazilians arriving in Lisbon to join Benfica

Benfica Blog
The Brazilians are arriving with winter signing Pedrinho and Gilberto landing in Lisbon on Friday as the newest member and potentially member get set for discussions and physicals at Seixal. Winger Pedrinho who Benfica acquired during the winter transfer window from Corinthians made the trip to the Luz in which he had discussions with new manager Jorge Jesus while right back Gilberto arrived to finalize his move from Brazilian side Fluminense.

Gremio winger Cebolinha bid a farewell to his current club during a recent interview and is set to arrive in Lisbon next week with reports that Benfica and Gremio have reached an agreement for the Lisbon side to acquire 85% of the players rights with Gremio retaining the remaining 15%. Benfica are also set to begin discussions with Flamengo over the acquistion of secondary striker Bruno Henrique next week and have held talks with Fluminense about 19 year old striker Marcos Paulo.
Since Jesus' arrival Benfica have been linked with a host of Brazilian league players that also include Flamengo's Gerson and Santos' Lucas Verissimo on top of the current players above. Jorge Jesus is looking to remold the squad as he prepares to compete for the Portuguese crown and in European competitions next season and it is an exciting time to be a Benfica fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment