Monday, August 29, 2022

Benfica sell Yaremchuk to Club Brugge

Benfica Blog
Benfica and Belgian side Club Brugge have come to terms on the sale of striker Roman Yaremchuk which will see the 26 year old Ukrainian International return back to Belgium after just one season with the Lisbon club. Benfica will receive €16M from Brugge with an additional €3M in potential incentives and will be entitled to 10% of any future sale.

Benfica obtained Yaremchuk last summer from Gent for €17M but this only gave the club only 75% of Yaremchuk's pass, Benfica acquired the remaining 25% from Gent earlier for €3M before the sale to Brugge. Yaremchuk appeared in 48 games across all competitions last season for Benfica, mostly as a substitute off the bench and scored nine goals while setting up eight. 

Yaremchuk's departure helps unlock a log jam at the striker position at the club and means that Benfica will hang onto striker Goncalo Ramos, who has become a regular fixture in Roger Schmidt's starting XI this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment