Monday, September 2, 2019

Benfica acquire Sao Paulo defender for €6M

Benfica have acquired 18 year old central defender Morato from Sao Paulo as the transfer window gets set to close. Benfica have paid Sao Paulo a reported €6M for 85% of the players rights while Sao Paulo will keep the remaining 15% from any future sale by the Lisbon side. Morato will join Benfica's B squad immediately which play in the second division of Portugal, as the club will look to groom him for a future role with the main squad. Morato has been playing with Sao Paulo's B squad this season and signs a contract with Benfica valid for the next five seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment